Research topics I: Optical quantum information, including single photon source, entangled photon source and their applications in quantum information
- Single-photon source, including spectrally pure heralded single photon source from PPKTP, PPLN, BBO, KDP, etc
- Entangled photon source, including pulsed-Sagnac-PPKTP entangled photon source
- Multiphoton interference, including Hong-Ou-Mandel interference and NOON state interference
- Spectral-temporal manipualtion of entangled photonics, including quantum optical synthesis.
- Cross phase modulation in photonic crystal fiber; Quantum random walk.
- Entangled two-photon absorbtion.
Research topics II: Classical Optics
- Photons with orbital angular momentum (vortex beam)
- Laser Doppler vibrometer
- Machine learning
- 3D Measurement of surface roughness using optical interferometers